Tickets are now available for all festival events:
Celebrate the harvest and the legacy of revolutionary gardener Thomas Jefferson at the 8th annual Heritage Harvest Festival at Monticello, September 12-13, 2014. Thomas Jefferson, America’s “founding foodie,” championed vegetable cuisine, plant experimentation and sustainable agriculture.
Taste a bounty of heirloom fruits and vegetables and learn about organic gardening and seed-saving during this fun, affordable, family-friendly festival — unlike any other — held on the breathtaking West Lawn of Jefferson’s Monticello.
Pre-Festival: Thursday, September 11th
1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Pre-Festival: Friday, September, 12th
on Monticello’s West Lawn
Saturday, September 13th
9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Your general admission ticket includes:
- Workshops with dozens of experts.
- Heirloom vegetable and fruit tastings at the Tasting Tent
- Chef demonstrations from our booming local food scene
- Ongoing activities for the whole family at the Discovery Tent
- The Seed Swap, with advice from expert seeds savers
- Heirloom plants displays from the Center for Historic Plants
- Demonstrations at the Vendor Marketplace
- And much more!
There will also be Premium Workshops throughout the day, including Tours of the vegetable gardens, flower gardens, and grounds of Monticello.