1. Will the event still be held if it rains?
The Heritage Harvest Festival will be held rain or shine.
2. Will food and beverages be available?
Fresh, local, and organic snacks and meals will be available for purchase on Saturday, including vegetarian and vegan options. Please see Food at the Festival to learn about festival vendors and the new Harvest Picnic Lunch option. For Friday lunch, please visit the Café at Monticello.
3. Where can I park? How will I get from the parking to the festival?
Please see Directions & Parking to learn about festival parking. Regular shuttle service will run to and from the free festival parking areas throughout the day.
4. How much time do I need to allow for travel between workshops?
The festival will be held at Monticello, on the West Lawn and in the Visitor Center. You should allow 15 minutes for travel time between the Visitor Center and the West Lawn; shuttles run continuously between the two locations. Workshops locations are marked on the Schedule.
5. Why should I purchase tickets in advance?
Purchasing tickets in advance gives you a discount and will save you time on the day of the Festival. Additionally, many of our premium workshops sell out, so it’s important to reserve your spot early. See Get Tickets to make your reservation.
6. Why should I purchase a Combination Ticket?
The Combination Ticket is a great deal for festival attendees who want to tour the Monticello house. You’ll receive admission to the Heritage Harvest Festival and a tour of Jefferson’s home—a $35 value—for $25. Parking will be available at Piedmont Virginia Community College located at 501 College Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22902.
7. Can I tour the Monticello house on the same day as the Festival?
Yes. We strongly recommend that you purchase a Combination Ticket in advance if you wish to tour the Monticello house during your Festival visit. House tours will be available for Festival attendees on the day of the event for $10.
9. How can I participate in the Festival?
Visit our Exhibitor, Vendor, and Volunteer pages for information on how you can get involved. Please contact us early, as we have limited space for vendors and exhibitors.
10. Can I bring my dog to the festival?
No. While we love our pets, dogs are not permitted on the shuttles or at the festival. Service animals are exempt.
11. How do I get more information?
Further questions? Contact Us.